Forget a traditional red bus tour! Here are some strange and fascinating facts about London that you can use to impress your travel companions.
1. London has the greatest number of international visitors, and more languages are spoken in the capital than anywhere else in the world.
3. There are around 40 deserted and unused London Underground stations and tunnels….spooky.
4. There is said to be over 10,000 haunted buildings in Britain, with a great deal located in London.
5. The distance that the 400+ London Underground escalators travel in one week, is that of several journeys around the world.
7. The only city that has more Michelin star restaurants than London, is Paris.
8. There are around 19,000 listed buildings in London.
9. If a cab driver is not carrying a bundle of hay then he is technically breaking the law, dating back to a historic rule enforced for horse-drawn taxi carriages.
10. London is notorious for its rain, and Londoners lose an average of 80,000 umbrellas every year.
Why not book a London apartment rental to explore this interesting and historic city.